AT Banter Episode 13 – Sports!

This week Steve and Ryan become athletic supporters and chat with Mike Lonergan from BC Blind Sports about what the organization does, Adapted Sports, and the Canadian Paraolympic Team.

Show Notes
BC Blind Sports
Mike Lonergan 604-325-8638
Canadian Blind Sports
Canadian Paraolympic Association

AT Banter Episode 12 – A Conversation with Brian Hartgen

This week we welcome Brian Hartgen from Hartgen Consultancy, makers of software packages J-Say, Leasey, and J-Dictate. Plus we do some bad Bob Dylan impressions.

Show Notes
Hartgen Consultancy
Team-FM

AT Banter Episode 11 – Braaaains

This week we welcome Rachel back to sit in Steve’s chair while we discuss some of the latest technology surrounding everyone’s second-favorite organ and speculate on what the future may hold.

Show Notes
MUSE Brain Sensing Headband
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI5uXlTnNms
NeuroSky
MindWave Mobile
Emotiv Headset
Tan Le TEDTalk
Scientists Found a Way to Email Brain Waves
BrainGate
Modular Prosthetic Limb
Fitness Tracker Comparison

AT Banter Episode 10 – Communicating Alternatively

Well, the vacation is over! We’re back!

This week we welcome Elaine Holtham to the Podcast and talk about some of the history of Augmentative and Alternative Communication devices and how they impact their users’ lives.

Show Notes
Prentke Romich Company
History of Prentke Romich
Minspeak
Unity Language System
Minspeak AAC Language Seminar Series
AAC Institute

Taking the Week Off

No show this week, we’re taking the week off to enjoy some of the sunshine and hot weather that has finally decided to make an appearance here in Vancouver. We’ll be back with a brand spanking new show next week all about AAC. Until there, he’s an article teasing a future show topic….

Robotic Dogs Guide the Blind: The Future of Fetching

AT Banter Episode 8 – July 15, 2016

This week we’re joined by Kim Kilpatrick of the Canadian Council of the Blind to talk about the program she helped found — the Get Together with Technology Program. Also, some news stories, a rousing debate over air travel, and Steve’s ongoing GST battle!

Show Notes
In a Scientific First, Blind Mice Regain Eyesight
Air Canada Innovates to Make In-Flight Entertainment Systems Accessible for Vision-Impaired Customers
Startup aims to transform the lives of the disabled with assistive, open-source tech
Canadian Council of the Blind
Get Together with Technology
Welcome To My World Radio Show