Banter Bits – Where in the World is Rick Hansen?

Ryan spills the beans on where our very special guest has gone to and we talk about the next big Windows Update and what it means for accessibility in the Windows environment.

Show Notes
Rick Hansen Foundation
Dr. Rick Hanson : The Neuroscience of Lasting Happiness

AT Banter Episode 28 – Lorri Johnson and Music Therapy

Once again we discuss the power of music as we talk with Lorri Johnson, an accredited Music Therapist and graduate of the Capilano University Bachelor of Music Therapy Program and talk about Music Therapy and its benefits, as well as her own experiences in dealing with seniors in Long Term Care.

Show Notes
Music Therapy Association of British Columbia
Music Heals
Capilano University Music Therapy Program
Simple Music Player

AT Banter Episode 27 – Grant Hardy and AMI

This week is action packed as we welcome Grant Hardy into the depths of the Banter studio to chat about his experiences as an on air personality with Accessible Media Inc, how he got started in the business, and AMI’s goals of making media accessible for all Canadians. Also, chickens. Oh, and the Banter Boys make their television debut.

Show Notes
Accessible Media Inc.
AMI Facebook Page
AMI on Twitter – @AccessibleMedia
AMI Described Video Guide

AT Banter Episode 25 – Oskar the Blind Cat

Something a little different this week — we welcome Mick Szydlowski, guardian of Oskar the Blind Cat to share his stories of how Oskar came into his life, and how a chance encounter at an Nebraska farm created a Internet superstar and feline advocate for blindness and pet adoption.

Show Notes
Oskar’s Website
Oskar the Blind Kitten Versus Hair Dryer – Epic Cat Battle
Oskar the Blind Kitten and His First Toys
Follow Oskar on Facebook
Oskar’s Instagram
PAW Project Website