AT Banter Episode 184 – The Rant Show

It’s the first News show of the new year! Today Rob, Ryan and Steve rant about a few new stories that are near and dear to their hearts including taxi cabs, Web Accessibility, and the future of haptic devices.

Show Notes

Vancouver taxi companies stop subsidizing drivers of accessible vehicles, cite ride-hailing competition

One Year to Countdown to Web Accessibility Begins in Ontario

Accessibee Aims to Get People With Disabilities Online by 2025

UPMC is First to Implant Wireless Retinal Device in the US

AT Banter Episode 183 – Two Blind Brothers

Well, after 182 episodes, the unthinkable has finally happened: Rob has fallen ill enough to miss the show! Will our intrepid co-hosts, Ryan and Steve, be able to pick up the slack and stop giggling long enough to welcome clothing entrepreneurs Bradford and Bryan Manning to the show? Find out in this week’s exciting episode of AT Banter!

Show Notes

Two Blind Brothers Website
Two Blind Brothers Facebook

AT Banter Episode 182 – A Close-Up Look at NVDA

This week we welcome back Quentin Christensen from NDVA into the Guitar Dungeon to talk about all the new features of the free screen reader and discuss the state of screen readers overall. Somewhere in there we also find the time to discuss a few new products from CES and obscure 80s movie references. Jam packed show!

Show Notes

NVDA
https://www.nvaccess.org/

Relaxed Theatre Performances

https://theconversation.com/how-a-radical-form-of-accessibility-is-pushing-the-boundaries-of-theatre-performance-125797

OrCam Hear Demonstration

The Warriors Movie Clip

AT Banter Episode 181 – The Non-Show Show

It’s the first show of a new decade and we begin 2020 with perhaps the greatest show we’ve ever produced. Just kidding, we once again fly by the seat of our pants and welcome the Father-Daughter team of Rick and Nicole Chant from Chaos Technical Services into the Guitar Dungeon. We discuss the Holidays, New Year’s Resolutions, what we think the AT trends in the coming year might be, and a variety of other silly topics. If you were going to miss one show this year, this might be the one to pick!

Show Notes

This Belt Helps People with Vision Loss Navigate Objects
https://coolblindtech.com/this-belt-helps-people-with-vision-loss-navigate-objects/

AT Banter Episode 180 – Baby It’s The Christmas Episode

It’s that time again! The stockings are all hung in the Guitar Dungeon, and the tequila is all poured with care! Rick from Chaos Technical Services joins us for our Annual Christmas episode where we reminisce about holiday shows past, talk some Christmas controversies, play some trivia, and exchange presents! Pour some eggnog and pull up a chair to the fire and join us for the last show of the year! Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday Season to all!

AT Banter Episode 179 – Canute 360

It’s our last regular show of the year! This week we welcome Liam Smith from Bristol Braille, makers of the forthcoming Braille e-reader the Canute 360. We get the latest updates on the status of the first production run as well as finding out what the development process has been like and what makes this new Braille device special.

Show Notes

Bristol Braille
Pre-Order the Canute 360

AT Banter Episode 178 – Ryan’s Story

It’s another guerilla podcast as Rob and Ryan deal with a last minute guest cancellation and discuss a few news stories instead. Then, to Ryan’s delight, Rob turns the mics on him for an in-depth personal interview about his Blindness and his path into the Assistive Technology industry.

Show Notes

Translink to Upgrade Transit System for the Visually Impaired
https://globalnews.ca/news/6264724/translink-to-spend-7m-to-upgrade-transit-system-for-the-visually-impaired/
Target expands Aira service for blind and low-vision customers
https://www.supermarketnews.com/issues-trends/target-expands-aira-service-blind-and-low-vision-customers

AT Banter Episode 176 – Our Very Special Episode

This week on a very special AT Banter, the boys hold their own version of Listener Appreciation Day and welcome long time listener Beth aka Snow Bunny into the Guitar Dungeon for a bit of a stream-of-consciousness discussion which covers everything from the future of Assistive Technology to Smart Devices and privacy and everything in between. Oh, and Ryan gets fired.

Show Notes

New Smart Cane Aims to Integrate Blind People More into Daily Life
Bronwyn Berg put spikes on her wheelchair to deter people from grabbing it without consent