AT Banter Episode 252 – Andrew Gurza

Rob and Ryan welcome Disability Awareness Consultant and podcaster Andrew Gurza to the show this week, in an episode so spicy and forward that we had to put a disclaimer at the beginning of the episode! It’s a three-way conversation about everything from sex and disability to the state of disability advocacy in an episode you won’t want to miss!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/08/at-banter-podcast-episode-252-andrew-gurza.pdf

Show Notes

Andrew Gurza Online
http://www.andrewgurza.com/

Disability After Dark
http://www.andrewgurza.com/podcast

CBC Documentary on Andrew
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fMCsyhvnEc

AT Banter Episode 251 – What’s My Pronoun?

The conversation around pronouns and their importance has been at the heart of conversations about inclusion lately, but for some people it can be hard to understand. This week Rob and Ryan sit down with Dennis Baron, Professor of Linguistics and English at the University of Illinois and author of the book “What’s Your Pronoun: Beyond He and She” to give some context and understanding of the current discourse, as well as a historical perspective.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/08/at-banter-podcast-episode-251-whats-my-pronoun.pdf

Show Notes

What’s Your Pronoun: Beyond He and She
https://www.amazon.ca/Whats-Your-Pronoun-Beyond-She/dp/1631496042

AT Banter Episode 250 – Darryl Lenox

Rob and Ryan are excited and honored to welcome comedian Darryl Lenox to the show to have a very open and frank conversation about his recent vision loss and how he is adapting to it across all aspects of his life, from travel and smartphones to his writing process.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/08/at-banter-podcast-episode-250-darryl-lennox.pdf

Show Notes

New border rules will prevent air travel for people who are blind or unable to use internet
https://vancouversun.com/news/new-border-rules-will-prevent-air-travel-for-people-who-are-blind-or-unable-to-use-internet

Darryl Lenox Online
http://www.darryllenox.com/

AT Banter Episode 249 – Steve Hoffman

Steve is on vacation, but Rob and Ryan soldier on without him as they welcome Steve Hoffman, CEO of Founders Space and author of the book “The Five Forces That Change Everything” to discuss future technology and what it means to both the mainstream but also assistive technology. If geeking out about Brain Computer Interfaces and Artificial Intelligence is your thing, boy do we have the show for you!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/08/at-banter-podcast-episode-249-steve-hoffman_otter.ai_.pdf

Show Notes

Founders Space
https://www.foundersspace.com