AT Banter Episode 172 – Matthew Shifrin and Accessible LEGO

This week we’re excited to welcome Matthew Shifrin, creator of the website Lego for the Blind, into the Guitar Dungeon where he explains the origin of his step by step instructions for multiple LEGO sets as well as how it came out that LEGO followed suit and began to develop their own pilot project for Braille and audio instructions.

Show Notes

Microsoft AI for Accessibility
LEGO for the Blind

LEGO Audio and Braille Instructions
How LEGO Helps Blind People See

AT Banter Episode 171 – Brett Oppegaard and UniD Project

This week we travel all the way to Hawaii (yeah, we wish) and talk to Dr. Brett Oppegaard about The UniD Project, whose mandate is to create more vivid and robust audio descriptions for the visually impaired. We discuss the project’s origins, its mandates and its first phase which is providing audio description at National Parks.

Show Notes

Uber Introduces Pet Uber
The UniD Project

AT Banter Episode 170 – Pacific Assistance Dogs Society

It’s a Dog Day Afternoon in the Guitar Dungeon as we break some big news concerning the Domino’s Pizza Accessibility lawsuit before welcoming in Tara Dougherty from the Pacific Assistance Dogs Society for a discussion about (almost) everyone’s favorite topic — puppies!

Show Notes

Supreme Court Denies Domino’s
Pacific Assistance Dogs Society

AT Banter Episode 169 – Cerebral Palsy Association of BC

World Cerebral Palsy is almost upon us on October 6, so we take some time this week to talk with Elizabeth Specht and Jeanne Morton from the Cerebral Palsy Association of BC, who discuss CP itself as well as the Association and the work it does for individuals all over the Province.

Show Notes

Domino’s Wants to Slice Away at ADA
Alexa’s Show and Tell Features ID Objects
Cerebral Palsy Association of BC

Contact CPABC
info@bccerebralpalsy.com