AT Banter Episode 95 – The Return of the Jinglestick

It’s the last show of the month and it’s time for us to round up March with a show dedicated to some of the most recent AT-related news of the past few weeks. We talk about everything from Steve’s misadventures getting to CSUN to Apple’s new proposed Disability Inclusive Emojis and everything in between!

Show Notes

Uber Self Driving Car Death Should Have Been Able to Be Avoided
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5535969/Uber-self-driving-car-death-avoided.html
Americans Less Likely to Trust Facebook
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-cambridge-analytica-apology/americans-less-likely-to-trust-facebook-than-rivals-on-personal-data-idUSKBN1H10AF
HIMS Announces New Polaris Mini
https://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=18641
Gradutate Student Creating Smartphone App for Deaf Blind
https://coolblindtech.com/graduate-student-creating-smartphone-app-for-deaf-blind-users/
Apple Proposes Adding Disability-Inclusive Emojis to the Unicode Consortium
https://themighty.com/2018/03/apple-proposes-new-emojis-disability
Microsoft Adding New Accessibility Improvements in Windows 10
https://coolblindtech.com/microsoft-adding-new-accessibility-improvements-in-windows-10/
AT&T Collaborates With Aira to Develop New AI Powered Prescription Medication Reader
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/att-collaborates-with-aira-to-develop-new-ai-powered-prescription-medication-reader-300608402.html

AT Banter Episode 94 – Marco Trujillo and the Sunu Band

This week sees us chatting with Marco Trujillo, CEO and Founder of Sunu, makers of the new haptic mobility aid, the Sunu Band. We discuss the Sunu Band’s origins, the signifigance of using Sonar, and the importance of the Visiually Impaired community in its development. We also wake Steve up long enough to talk about Microsoft’s announced Accessibility changes to Windows 10 and his upcoming trip to CSUN.

Show Notes
Sunu Band Website
http://www.sunu.io
Sunu on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/sunu.io/
Upcoming Windows 10 Accessibilty Changes
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/03/19/windows-10-accessibility-what-to-expect-in-the-year-ahead

AT Banter Episode 92 – The Inclusio Project

For the first time ever, we welcome two guests onto the show: Anita Hofer from Accessible Housing, a non-profit organization from Calgary that builds accessible and affordable housing and Mike Dummer, owner of Digital Lifestyles the company that was responsible for installing and maintaining the automation and accessibility features of AH’s new Inclusio Development.

Show Notes
Microsoft Soundscape
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/soundscape/
Accessible Housing
http://accessiblehousing.ca/
Digital Lifestyles
http://digilife.ca/
Inclusio Tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WarhKYe-OZ0

AT Banter Episode 91 – Let’s All Move to Norway

This week Steve’s out with a bug and long time listener of the show Ali Moussa steps in to help us talk about some Accessibility related news items from the last few weeks!

Show Notes
Man Seeks New Copy of Windows 7 After Forced Windows 10 Upgrade
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/18/02/19/1550230/man-seeking-new-copy-of-windows-7-after-forced-windows-10-upgrade-sues-microsoft?utm_source=slashdot&utm_medium=twitter
Blindfold Games Now Offers Braille Support
https://blindfoldgames.org/2018/02/19/blindfold-games-with-braille-displays/
It’s Illegal in Norway to Have An Inaccessible Website
https://medium.com/confrere/its-illegal-to-have-an-inaccessible-website-in-norway-and-that-s-good-news-for-all-of-us-b59a9e929d54
NeuroNode
http://www.eastersealstech.com/2018/02/20/neuronode-emg-assistive-technology-device/?utm_content=buffer98716&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Google Assistant Firmaware Updates
https://9to5google.com/2018/02/23/google-assistant-2018-multilingual-more-languages-device-commands/

AT Banter Episode 59 – Maria Johnson – Girl Gone Blind

This week we had a great time bantering with Maria Johnson, aka Girl Gone Blind —  so much so that it turned out to be our longest episode to date! We talk with her about her eye condition, her experience with losing her sight, the importance of blogging and social media, technology, and how it helped with her transition and recovery.

Show Notes
Girl Gone Blind Blog
LHON Information

AT Banter Episode 58 – Steve Takes Over

This week Steve impersonates Rob and steals the hosting duties as the three discuss some of the week’s most interesting Assistive Technology news from around the country. And some other stuff too.

Show Notes
Phillips Offers a Line of Accessible TV and Video Players
Voice Access
New Victor Reader Trek
The BrailleMe $300 Braille Display
Talking Laundry Module
Translink Testing RFID Technology For Skytrain Fare Gates
Disability Organization Denounces Alec Baldwin
Microsoft’s Seeing AI App

AT Banter Episode 52 – Just Another News Show

This week Rob and Ryan dive into some of last week’s most exciting AT-related news stories, including the announcements from Google I/O, a piece of wearable tech that can help control Parkinson’s, and whatever else pops into their heads!

Show Notes
Google I/O Keynote
Microsoft 10S Features
Emma Watch A Game Changer for Parkinson’s
MP3 is Dead

AT Banter Episode 46 – Megan Lawrence and Microsoft Accessibility

This week we chat with Megan Lawrence, Microsoft Accessibility Evangelist, about the new accessibility features in Microsoft’s latest update.

Show Notes
Microsoft Accessibility Information
Office 365: Support Articles on Office Accessibility Capabilities
Demonstrations of Office 365 Accessibility Capabilities
Office 365 Accessibility Plans and Progress blog
Get Started guide with Ease of Access features in Windows 10
Get Started with Narrator
Become a Windows Insider
The Disability Answer Desk (DAD)
Enterprise Disability Answer Desk (eDAD)
Making Microsoft Products More Accessible: What to expect in 2017.

AT Banter Podcast – Episode 1

Well, today marks our inaugural episode of AT Banter, where we chat about the iTunes Accessibility Store, Windows 10’s free upgrade being extended for those using Assistive Technology, the NuEyes Glasses Visual Prosthetic, and Dictation Bridge.

Show Notes
Apple Begins Selling Accessibility Accessories on its Online Store
Windows 10 free upgrade deadline won’t apply to assistive-technology customers
NuEyes – A Removable Visual Prosthetic Featuring ODG Smartglasses
DictationBridge