AT Banter Episode 113 – Children’s Low Vision Project of BC

This week we’re very excited to welcome educators Lynn Langille and Linda Mamer into the Guitar Dungeon to discuss their passion project, the Children’s Low Vision Project of British Columbia. We discuss the important work the project does for youth with visual impairments all around the Province and how the events that they bring to communities are planned out.

Show Notes

Children’s Low Vision Project of BC

AMI Covers CLVP

Want to Know More About CLVP?
Email them at clvpbc@sd23.bc.ca

AT Banter Episode 109 – Lowell Taylor

This week the Guitar Dungeon is filled with motivational vibes as Rob and Ryan welcome Lowell Taylor for a visit. He fills us in about what it was like to compete on Canada’s Amazing Race as a visually impaired contestant, his current plans to become a Paralympic athlete, his career as a motivational speaker, and duties as Health and Wellness expert on the AMI TV show, “Mind Set Go”.

Show Notes

Live With Heart
https://livewithheart.ca/

Lowell and Julie on Twitter
https://twitter.com/julielowellcan

Lowell and Julie on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/JulieLowellCAN/

Mind Set Go
http://www.ami.ca/category/mind-set-go

AT Banter Podcast Episode 101 – The Anniversary Show II

Can you believe it’s been two years and over 100 episodes? We take a break from our regular format and invite friend of the show and owner of Chaos Technical Services Rick Chant into the Guitar Dungeon where we reminisce and engage in some free form conversations. We talk about everything from the state of AI Assistants to the idea of disability as loss and everything in between, including Gibraltar monkeys. Yes, you read that right – you’ll just have to listen to see how that happens. So, break out the tequila shots and join us for this Birthday episode!

Show Notes

Sneaky Weasel Beer

Ford’s New Smart Window

AT Banter Episode 98 – Mark Bentz and Canadian Blind Hockey

Sharpen your skates and get your gear on — it’s time to hit the ice! This week we’re talking to Mark Bentz from Canadian Blind Hockey about the organization and their efforts to grow the sport on both sides of the border into an official Paralympic Event.

Show Notes
Canadian Blind Hockey

AT Banter Episode 95 – The Return of the Jinglestick

It’s the last show of the month and it’s time for us to round up March with a show dedicated to some of the most recent AT-related news of the past few weeks. We talk about everything from Steve’s misadventures getting to CSUN to Apple’s new proposed Disability Inclusive Emojis and everything in between!

Show Notes

Uber Self Driving Car Death Should Have Been Able to Be Avoided
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5535969/Uber-self-driving-car-death-avoided.html
Americans Less Likely to Trust Facebook
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-cambridge-analytica-apology/americans-less-likely-to-trust-facebook-than-rivals-on-personal-data-idUSKBN1H10AF
HIMS Announces New Polaris Mini
https://blindbargains.com/bargains.php?m=18641
Gradutate Student Creating Smartphone App for Deaf Blind
https://coolblindtech.com/graduate-student-creating-smartphone-app-for-deaf-blind-users/
Apple Proposes Adding Disability-Inclusive Emojis to the Unicode Consortium
https://themighty.com/2018/03/apple-proposes-new-emojis-disability
Microsoft Adding New Accessibility Improvements in Windows 10
https://coolblindtech.com/microsoft-adding-new-accessibility-improvements-in-windows-10/
AT&T Collaborates With Aira to Develop New AI Powered Prescription Medication Reader
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/att-collaborates-with-aira-to-develop-new-ai-powered-prescription-medication-reader-300608402.html

AT Banter Episode 90 – David MacDonald – The GodFather of WCAG

This week David MacDonald, president of CanAdapt and long-time WCAG and web accessibility guru, calls in to make the Banter Boys an offer they can’t refuse – namely making the online world a more accessible space!

Show Notes
University Teams Up To Develop Smart Paint to Help the Visually Impaired Navigate
https://coolblindtech.com/university-teams-up-to-develop-smart-paint-to-help-the-visually-impaired-navigate/

CanAdapt WCAG Training and Audits
http://www.davidmacd.com/

AT Banter Episode 86 – Jon Dibble and Enhanced Vision

It’s a very special episode as Ryan, Rob, and Steve welcome the first ever in-person guest to the Guitar Dungeon. Jon Dibble, Marketing Manager from Enhanced Vision braves the harsh Vancouver climate in exchange for beer in order to talk to us about what Enhanced Vision does, how the Low Vision industry has changed over the years and where it might go in the future.

Show Notes
Enhanced Vision
www.enhancedvision.com

AT Banter Episode 83 – Luis Perez Talks Universal Design

First show of 2018! We ring in the New Year (literally) as Steve brings a new addition to the Guitar Dungeon and we talk with Universal Design advocate Luis Perez about the concept and the impact that emerging technologies are having on the ongoing conversation about UD.

Show Notes
https://luisperezonline.com

AT Banter Episode 79 – Brad Turner and Benetech

This week we welcome Brad Turner, VP of Education at Benetech into the Guitar Dungeon where we discuss the company’s ongoing mandate of providing positive social change utilizing technology. Also, we discuss some big news for Steve’s company, Canadian Assistive Technology.

Show Notes
Benetech
https://benetech.org

AT Banter Episode 67- Idan Meir and Right-Hear

This week we do a bit of iBantering about the new Apple announcements before we’re joined by Idan Meir, co-founder and CEO of Right-Hear, an app and accessibility solution for the visually impaired.

Show Notes

Apple Special Event As It Happened
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iphone-8-release-apple-event-as-it-happened/

Right-Hear