AT Banter Episode 172 – Matthew Shifrin and Accessible LEGO

This week we’re excited to welcome Matthew Shifrin, creator of the website Lego for the Blind, into the Guitar Dungeon where he explains the origin of his step by step instructions for multiple LEGO sets as well as how it came out that LEGO followed suit and began to develop their own pilot project for Braille and audio instructions.

Show Notes

Microsoft AI for Accessibility
LEGO for the Blind

LEGO Audio and Braille Instructions
How LEGO Helps Blind People See

AT Banter Episode 151 – Dr. Amy Kavanagh

It’s back to business as usual this week as we pick up the pieces from the 150th episode and welcome Dr. Amy Kavanagh to the Guitar Dungeon, all the way across the pond from the UK! Rob and Ryan explain what happened to Episode 150 and cover a bit of news before chatting with Dr. Kavanagh about her Twitter campaign of #JustAskDontGrab and the origins behind it.

Show Notes

Lego Creates Braille Building Blocks
https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/building-blocks-lego-creates-new-braille-bricks-1.4398733
Microsoft is making VR better for those with vision problems
https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/18/microsoft-seeing-vr/
Cane Adventures
https://caneadventures.blog/
Dr. Amy Kavanagh on Twitter