AT Banter Episode 193 – Blind Beginnings Goes Virtual

Rob and Steve welcome their first official guest into the Anti-Gloom Zoom Room this week! Shawn Marsolais, Founder and Executive Director of Blind Beginnings, joins them to discuss how the organization has adjusted its programs in response to the COVID-19 crisis and the implications going forward.

Show Notes

Blind Beginnings

“Changing Our World” Blind Beginnings Video

AT Banter Episode 191 – Last Virus Episode, We Promise!

Well it’s another week and most of us here on the planet are still in some level of stay at home or lock down. COVID-19 is all most people are still talking about and that includes many advocate and members of the Disability Community. Rick, Rob, and Steve discuss several of the latest news stories about how COVID-19 is impacting the community and postulate on what might happen once things return to normal.

Show Notes

We’re Proving Remote Work Is Possible. That’s Good News for People with Disabilities

The coronavirus crisis proves reasonable workplace accessibility has been possible all along

COVID-19’s isolated world is the norm for people with disabilities

Concerns being raised about Ontarians with disabilities during COVID-19

People with disabilities are the forgotten vulnerable community in the age of COVID-19

The Coronavirus Response Shows How Crucial Accessibility Is

AT Banter Episode 190 – Maintain Your Sanity While Maintaining Your Distance

Rob, Steve, and Rick may be the last people on the planet that anyone should take advice on maintaining their sanity, but they come together remotely to do their best all the same. The virus has us all shut in and isolating, which can be even more of a challenge for people with disabilities. This week the boys step through some ideas of what to do in order to maintain a positive attitude and sanity while at home and share some of their own strategies and stories.

Show Notes

Accessibyte Platform Free
https://www.accessibyte.com/stay-safe

JAWS Screen Reader Free