AT Banter Episode 199 – Mike Calvo and Pneuma Solutions

The Anti-Gloom Zoom Room is opened up once again this week and Rob, Steve and Ryan welcome in Mike Calvo, long time Assistive Technology veteran and CEO of Pneuma Solutions to talk all about the importance of accessible documents and what Pneuma Solutions is doing to help.

Show Notes

Pneuma Solutions

Scribe Remediation

AT Banter Episode 198 – Michelle Woods and the Marrakesh Treaty

Ryan, Steve and Rob go international this week as they welcome Michelle Woods, Director of Copyright Law Division at the World Intellectual Property Organization into the Anti-Gloom Zoom Room to help break down the Marrakesh Treaty and what it means for the production and distribution of accessible books worldwide.

Show Notes

World Intellectual Property Organization

Accessible Books Consortium

AT Banter Episode 195 – Tyson Rettie

Rick, Rob, Steve and Rick once again assemble virtually in the Anti-Gloom Zoom Room to welcome Tyson Rettie, recently diagnosed with Leber’s Hereditary Optic Neuropathy, to the show. Tyson gives us an overview of what it’s been like since diagnosis and how his vision loss has impacted his passion, back country skiing.

Show Notes

IBM’s new open-source tool helps developers make their apps more accessible

AT Banter Episode 193 – Blind Beginnings Goes Virtual

Rob and Steve welcome their first official guest into the Anti-Gloom Zoom Room this week! Shawn Marsolais, Founder and Executive Director of Blind Beginnings, joins them to discuss how the organization has adjusted its programs in response to the COVID-19 crisis and the implications going forward.

Show Notes

Blind Beginnings

“Changing Our World” Blind Beginnings Video

AT Banter Episode 186 – Eric Damery

It’s an exciting show this week as Rob and Ryan welcome Eric Damery, Vice President of Software Management at Vispero, makers of the ever popular JAWS Screen Reading Software.  We wax nostalgic about the computing landscape of the 90s and discuss what it was like developing a screen reader during that period and how it compares to the current development cycle before discussing what the future holds for JAWS.

Show Notes

JAWS Screen Reader
JAWS Support and Training

AT Banter Episode 183 – Two Blind Brothers

Well, after 182 episodes, the unthinkable has finally happened: Rob has fallen ill enough to miss the show! Will our intrepid co-hosts, Ryan and Steve, be able to pick up the slack and stop giggling long enough to welcome clothing entrepreneurs Bradford and Bryan Manning to the show? Find out in this week’s exciting episode of AT Banter!

Show Notes

Two Blind Brothers Website
Two Blind Brothers Facebook

AT Banter Episode 182 – A Close-Up Look at NVDA

This week we welcome back Quentin Christensen from NDVA into the Guitar Dungeon to talk about all the new features of the free screen reader and discuss the state of screen readers overall. Somewhere in there we also find the time to discuss a few new products from CES and obscure 80s movie references. Jam packed show!

Show Notes

NVDA
https://www.nvaccess.org/

Relaxed Theatre Performances