AT Banter Episode 77 – Shawn Smith and Don’t-Dis-My-Ability

This week we invite Shawn Smith of ‘Don’t Dis My Ability’ into the Guitar Dungeon where we talk all about invisible disabilities and the burgeoning field of Neurodiversity.

Show Notes
Don’t-Dis-My-Ability
http://ddmacs.ca/

Mindview Mind Mapping Software
https://www.matchware.com/mind-mapping-software

AT Banter Episode 70 – Tom Dekker

This week we welcome Tom Dekker, founder of iHabilitation Canada, blogger and Blindness advocate into the Guitar Dungeon where he discusses his early days of Phone Phreaking, some current trends in AT, and the fight against a new set of standards being introduced for Canadian Guide Dogs.

Show Notes

Hands off Our Harnesses

https://handsoffourharnesses.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/handsoffourharnesses/

iHabilitation

http://www.ihabilitation.com/

AT Banter Episode 66 – Wade Wingler

This week we briefly discuss the new Eye Tracking software that will be included in the forthcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update before engaging in a Banterfest with Wade Wingler, Vice President of Technology and Information Services and Security Office at Easterseals Crossroads and host of the long running podcast Assistive Technology Update.

Show Notes

Easterseals Crossroads
http://www.eastersealscrossroads.org/

Assistive Technology Update
http://www.eastersealstech.com/category/assistive-tech-update/

AT Banter Episode 59 – Maria Johnson – Girl Gone Blind

This week we had a great time bantering with Maria Johnson, aka Girl Gone Blind —  so much so that it turned out to be our longest episode to date! We talk with her about her eye condition, her experience with losing her sight, the importance of blogging and social media, technology, and how it helped with her transition and recovery.

Show Notes
Girl Gone Blind Blog
LHON Information

AT Banter Episode 56 – Debra Ruh

We’re honored to be chatting with Debra Ruh, founder and CEO of Ruh Global Communication, and talk with her about the worldwide state of accessibility and inclusion in today’s corporate community.

Show Notes
Ruh Global Communications
Human Potential at Work Podcast
AXSChat

AT Banter Episode 52 – Just Another News Show

This week Rob and Ryan dive into some of last week’s most exciting AT-related news stories, including the announcements from Google I/O, a piece of wearable tech that can help control Parkinson’s, and whatever else pops into their heads!

Show Notes
Google I/O Keynote
Microsoft 10S Features
Emma Watch A Game Changer for Parkinson’s
MP3 is Dead

AT Banter Episode 47 – Neil Milliken and AXSChat

This week we’re thrilled to be talking to Neil Milliken, co-founder and co-host of AXSChat, a weekly Twitter Chat that was responsible for inspiring the creation of this very podcast!

Show Notes
AXSChat Community Home Page

AT Banter Episode 42 – CSUN Round-Up

This week we return to our roots of three guys rambling on aimlessly and talk about the recent CSUN Show and some of the products featured there.

Show Notes
HIMS and Android – Polaris Notetaker
NeoBraille Notetaker
Blitab Braille Device
Amazon Fire Screen Reader

AT Banter Episode 27 – Grant Hardy and AMI

This week is action packed as we welcome Grant Hardy into the depths of the Banter studio to chat about his experiences as an on air personality with Accessible Media Inc, how he got started in the business, and AMI’s goals of making media accessible for all Canadians. Also, chickens. Oh, and the Banter Boys make their television debut.

Show Notes
Accessible Media Inc.
AMI Facebook Page
AMI on Twitter – @AccessibleMedia