AT Banter Episode 298 – Smart Cities For All

Rob and Ryan hold down the fort this week and welcome James Thurston and Yulia Sarviro from G3ICT, the Global Initiative for Inclusive Information and Communication Technologies to discuss their global initiative, Smart Cities for All. They discuss what makes a Smart City, how accessibility is crucial when it comes to infrastructure and how cities around the world are embracing universal design and accessibility.

Show Transcript

Show Notes

G3ICT
https://g3ict.org/

M-Enabling Summit
https://m-enabling.com/

Picture of Independence Blvd in Charlotte North Carolina, displaying a lack of a sidewalk and just grass. The AT Banter logo sits in the bottom left hand corner while the words “Episode 297 – Bradley Blair” occupy the top left hand corner of the image.

AT Banter Episode 297 – Bradley Blair

Lis makes her triumphant return to the show (again) as we welcome Bradley Blair, an Orientation and Mobility instructor from her city of Charlotte, NC who also happens to be blind. We discuss the challenges that he faced in training, the advantages of having built in knowledge and perspective when it comes to providing services to clients, and some of the challenges faced in the build environment in the city of Charlotte.

Show Transcript

Show Notes

WBTV News Story with Bradley Blair
https://www.wbtv.com/2022/03/31/accessibility-issues-charlotte-pose-challenging-risks-those-living-with-disabilities/

Precious Perez, a young woman with curly shoulder length dark hair and holding a mobility cane, smiles and poses for the camera. The words “AT Banter Episode 296 – hover over the top left hand side of the image.

AT Banter Episode 296 – Precious Perez

The show is alive … with the sound of music this week as Rob and Ryan welcome Precious Perez, singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, advocate and published children’s author to the show. We discuss her love of music, what it was like attending Berklee College of Music as a blind student, her advocacy work and how music and representation can help normalize disability and education mainstream audiences. And Ryan even convinces her to sing too!  You don’t want to miss this one!

Show Transcript

Show Notes

Precious Perez
http://www.preciousperezmusica.com