A large blue key on a keyboard says 'Accessibility'. The words "Episode 287 Talking Accessibility" float over the image.

AT Banter Episode 287 – Talking Accessibility

May 29th – June 4th is National Accessibility Week in Canada, and in honor of that, Ryan, Rob, Lis and Steve discuss this very important (and sometimes contentious) topic .. interspersed with a bit of Hockey talk and sedition. Happy National Accessibility Week everyone!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2022/05/at-banter-podcast-episode-287-talking-accessibility.pdf

Show Notes

About National Accessibility Week
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/campaigns/national-accessability-week.html

National Accessibility Week Events
https://www.csps-efpc.gc.ca/events/national-accessability-week-2022/index-eng.aspx
https://www.rickhansen.com/get-involved/national-accessability-week
https://www.neilsquire.ca/event/national-accessability-week-3-2022-05-29/

Christie Faye Collins, a young woman with curly shoulder length hair, sits on a series of concrete steps with Downtown Victoria in the background. The words Episode 286 Christie Faye Collins & NOMI sits in the upper right hand corner of the image.

AT Banter Episode 286 – Christie Faye Collins & NOMI

This week we’re entering the wonderful world of online dating, so all you fellas take off your shirts and grab a fish! Rob, Ryan, Steve, and Lis welcome Christie Faye Collins to the show to talk about NOMI, the dating app she is currently working to develop that will cater to the neurodivergent and disability communities.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2022/05/at-banter-podcast-episode-286-christie-faye-collins-nomi.pdf

Show Notes

NOMI
https://nomiconnect.net/

Izzy Camilleri smiles as she sits posing against a white background. The words "Episode 285 - Izzy Camilleri and IZ Adaptive" sits in the right hand side of the image.

AT Banter Episode 285 – Izzy Camilleri and IZ Adaptive

Rob, Ryan, Steve, and Lis put away the hockey jerseys and put on their best outfits as they welcome iconic Canadian Fashion designer and adaptive clothing pioneer Izzy Camilleri to the show. They discuss adaptive clothing and how it’s slowing growing into becoming more mainstream. It’s a fascinating look behind the curtain of this growing industry. Oh, and we also learn not to EVER buy Steve a pair of breakaway pants.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2022/05/at-banter-podcast-episode-285-izzy-camilleri-and-adaptive-clothing.pdf

Show Notes

IZ Adaptive
https://izadaptive.com/

Fashion Dis
https://www.ami.ca/Fashion-Dis-About

A jar of purple glitter lies on its side, spilling a pile of the glitter on a surface. The words "Episode 284 - Circle Jerks, Glitter, and an Anniversary" sits on the right side of the image.

AT Banter Episode 284 – Circle Jerks, Glitter, and an Anniversary

Yes folks, it’s that time once again! Break out the shot glasses, AT Banter is another year older! Join Rob, Ryan, and Lis as they celebrate the show beginning its 7th year by discussing some of the challenges and joys of producing a weekly podcast and the impact it has on them personally. It’s an inside look into the show and a tribute to the audience and the guests that make the show possible. Plus there’s alcohol and silliness.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2022/05/at-banter-podcast-episode-285-circle-j___s-and-glitter.pdf

Trevor Thomas sits and poses for a picture at the top of a peak, a mountain range in the distance. He is carrying a large backpack and is joined by his Guide Dog, who also carries two saddle bags.

AT Banter Episode 283 – Trevor Thomas The Blind Hiker

It’s Lis’s birthday week and in honor of that, we’ve handed the reins of the episode over to her (it beats getting her a gift, and we’re cheap). Lucky for us she has lined up an incredible show as we welcome Trevor Thomas. The Blind Hiker to the show. Trevor was the first blind person to solo thru-hike the Appalachian Trail and has currently solo trekked more than 22,000 miles, thru-hiking the most rugged long-trails in the United States. You don’t want to miss this episode and Trevor’s amazing story.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2022/05/at-banter-podcast-episode-283-trevor-thomas-the-blind-hiker.pdf

Show Notes

Trevor Thomas Online
https://www.theblindhiker.com/