AT Banter Episode 248 – Tova Sherman & reachAbility

This week Steve, Rob, and Ryan welcome Tova Sherman, co-founder and CEO of reachAbility, an organization in Nova Scotia that provides a variety of employments services and programs to people with disabilities. We discuss everything from reachAbility’s origins and mandate to the uniquely holistic organizational philosophy of “no one goes nowhere”, and so much more. It’s a jam-packed episode that you won’t want to miss!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/at-banter-podcast-episode-248-tova-sherman.pdf

Show Notes

reachAbility
https://www.reachability.org/

Win, Win, Win!: The 18 Inclusion-isms You Need to Become a Disability Confident Employer
https://www.amazon.ca/Win-Inclusion-isms-Disability-Confident-Employer/dp/0981323146

Bluenose Ability Arts & Film Festival
https://www.baaff.ca/

AT Banter Episode 247 – Robin Christopherson

This week Steve, Rob, and Ryan welcome Robin Christopherson, head of Digital Inclusion at AbilityNet to the podcast where they discuss everything from web overlays (yes, we know … again) and the impact of digital accessibility to his daily podcast, Dot to Dot where he features new skills of the Amazon Echo devices.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/at-banter-podcast-episode-247-robin-christopherson.pdf

Show Notes

AbilityNet
https://abilitynet.org.uk/

Dot to Dot Podcast
https://usa2day.podbean.com/

The Echo Show Podcast
https://open.spotify.com/show/1m9bYZg9p1WunHV5e6QgcX

AT Banter Episode 246 – Stephanie Cadieux

It’s a big show this week as Steve, Ryan and Rob welcome Stephanie Cadieux, MLA for South Surrey and current Caucus Chair and Official Opposition Critic for Gender Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion, to the podcast to discuss the new Accessible British Columbia Act and what it means for people with disabilities throughout the province. We discuss how far we’ve come in addressing accessibility and barriers as well as the very long way we have to go. It’s an in-depth conversation that you won’t want to miss!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/at-banter-podcast-episode-246-stephanie-cadieux.pdf

Show Notes

In Anticipation of a BC Accessibility Act
https://www.peacearchnews.com/opinion/opinion-in-anticipation-of-a-bc-accessibility-act/

AT Banter Episode 245 – Stump Kitchen Re-heated

The air is filled with excitement and the smell of freshly baked vegan cooking this week as Rob, Ryan and Steve welcome back Alexis Hillyard from the Cooking / Advocacy YouTube channel Stump Kitchen. We get a full update of how the channel has been doing, her personal life, and how the channel mixes in information, advocacy, her personal life and vegan recipes all into a tasty treat that subscribers all over the world gobble down weekly.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/07/at-banter-podcast-episode-245-stump-kitchen-re-heated.pdf

Show Notes

Stump Kitchen YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/stumpkitchen