AT Banter Episode 243 – Super LIDAR

This week Rob and Ryan welcome Shane Lowe from Mediate, makers of the scanning app Supersense, to the show to talk about Super Lidar, their new mobility aid available for iOS!

Show Notes

Disability Alliance BC
https://disabilityalliancebc.org/

Disability Alliance BC Concerns over Bill 6
https://disabilityalliancebc.org/dabc-has-concerns-over-proposed-accessibility-legislation-contact-your-mla/

Find your local MLA
https://www.leg.bc.ca/learn-about-us/members

Supersense
https://www.supersense.app/

Super Lidar
https://www.supersense.app/product-page-superlidar

AT Banter Episode 242 – Al Etmanski

This week Ryan, Rob and Steve welcome author and long-time Disability advocate Al Etmanski to the show.  Al is author of the book “The Power of Disability: Ten Lessons for Surviving, Thriving, and Changing the World” and has led the closure of institutions and segregated schools in British Columbia, founded Canada’s first Family Support Institute and co-founded Planned Lifetime Advocacy Network (PLAN) with his wife Vickie Cammack in 1989. We discuss the book, the importance of advocacy, the current state of Disability Rights and issues, and much more!

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/at-bantter-podcast-episode-242-al-etmanski.pdf

Show Notes

Al Etmanski Online

The Power of Disability
https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Disability-Surviving-Thriving-Changing/dp/1523087560

https://www.audible.ca/pd/The-Power-of-Disability-Audiobook/B082DRF6H6

AT Banter Episode 241 – Accessible Overlays

If you have ever been wondering just what an Accessible Web Overlay is and whether or not it’s a good thing or a bad thing, boy do we have the show for you. This week Rob, Ryan, and Steve welcome Accessibility Advocate Samantha Evans and independent Accessibility Consultant Nick Steenhout to fill us in on what they are, how they work and how they are currently impacting the world of digital accessibility.

Show Transcript: https://atbanter.files.wordpress.com/2021/06/at-banter-podcast-episode-241-accessible-overlays.pdf

Show Notes

Overlay Fact Sheet

https://overlayfactsheet.com