AT Banter Episode 176 – Our Very Special Episode

This week on a very special AT Banter, the boys hold their own version of Listener Appreciation Day and welcome long time listener Beth aka Snow Bunny into the Guitar Dungeon for a bit of a stream-of-consciousness discussion which covers everything from the future of Assistive Technology to Smart Devices and privacy and everything in between. Oh, and Ryan gets fired.

Show Notes

New Smart Cane Aims to Integrate Blind People More into Daily Life
Bronwyn Berg put spikes on her wheelchair to deter people from grabbing it without consent

AT Banter Episode 175 – Chanting and Bantering

It’s a full house this week as Rick and Nicole Chant, the father/ daughter team at Chaos Technical Services, visits the Guitar Dungeon to help the boys discuss a few news stories from the past few weeks. They talk about the latest Canadian scandal before we launch into Google is doing to expand the usability of their Home devices, more Accessibility lawsuits and a very worthwhile awareness day.

Show Notes

Don Cherry Fired

People with Down syndrome have trouble using smart speakers. Here’s how Google’s trying to help

Blind Employee Sues Beacon Health

Purple Tuesday

AT Banter Episode 174 – Javier Pita and NaviLens

The boys have recovered from the Halloween show and transubstantiated back into their normal selves just in time to welcome Javier Pita, CEO of NaviLens, into the Guitar Dungeon all the way from sunny Spain! We discuss this innovate new variation of QR codes and its many applications, including as a navigation system for the visually impaired.

Show Notes

Legally Blind Man Files Human Rights Complaint
NaviLens
NaviLens Demonstration