AT Banter Episode 148 – Sam Seavey and The Blind Life

This week we’re joined by Sam Seavey from the popular YouTube Channel The Blind Life.  We discuss the state of Assistive Technology, what kind of AT he uses in his daily life, and the trials and tribulations of being a YouTube Content Creator.

Show Notes

The Blind Life YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNbzN3eHbLKPzltSB560DkA
Blind Shell Accessible Mobile Phone
https://www.blindshell.com/

AT Banter is brought to you by Canadian Assistive Technology, providing sales and training in Assistive Technology and Accessibility with over 30 years of knowledge and experience. Visit them online at www.canasstech.com or call toll-free 1-844-795-8324.

Need repairs on your device? Chaos Technical Services offers service and support on almost any piece of Assistive Technology, while also providing parts and batteries. Visit them online at www.chaostechnicalservices.com or call 778-847-6840.

AT Banter Episode 147 – Karthik Kannan and Envision AI

This week Rob, Ryan and Steve welcome Karthik Kannan, co-Founder and Chief Engineer at Envision Technologies, into the Guitar Dungeon all the way from the Netherlands! We discuss the details of the Envision app, which assists blind or partially sighted users and the power of AI and machine learning that drives it.

Show Notes

Envision AI
https://www.letsenvision.com/
Download Envision AI for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.letsenvision.envisionai
Download Envision AI on iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/app/apple-store/id1268632314

Episode 146 – David Lepofsky and the Accessible Canada Act

This week we’ve got a very important show – if you only listen to one episode of AT Banter this year, this is the one! Renowned disability advocate David Lepofsky joins us to talk all about C-81, the proposed Accessible Canada Act and details some of the shortcomings of the Act which he and many other disability advocates hope will be rectified before the Act passes into law. Listen in and find out what you can do to help and make your voices heard!

Show Notes

AODA Alliance Website
https://www.aodaalliance.org
EMAIL THE SENATE COMMITTEE!
soci@sen.parl.gc.ca
AODA Alliance on Twitter
@aodaalliance

Email the AODA Alliance
aodafeedback@gmail.com
Accessible Canada Act Is Too Weak to be Effective, Advocates Say (CTV News)
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/accessible-canada-act-is-too-weak-to-be-effective-advocates-say-1.4224281