AT Banter Episode 130 – Is the Shine Off The Apple?

Rick Chant from Chaos Technical Services joins Rob, Ryan and Steve in the Guitar Dungeon this week as they dedicate the entire episode to discuss the state of Apple and some of the controversies facing the tech giant and what it means for its customers.

Show Notes

B.C. government shifting accessible parking requirements to local governments

Apple defends iPhone app fees as high court weighs consumer suit

Apple Caught Overcharging for Device Repairs

How Apple and other manufacturers attack your right to repair their products

AT Banter Episode 129 – Albert Ruel

This week we welcome Getting Together With Technology Coordinator and Aira Explorer Albert Ruel into the Guitar Dungeon. We grill him on what it’s like having the Aira service and the implications of it on his daily life, and what the pros and cons are for others in the visually impaired community.

Show Notes

Calgary Transit Demands Humiliating Claims Couple

Accessibility Debate Over Toronto Restaurant

Aira Website

Canadian Council for the Blind

Getting Together With Technology Blog

Albert Ruel – Recorded Demo of Aira

AT Banter Episode 128 – The REAL Rick Hansen

So, remember two years ago when we said we were going to have Rick Hansen on the show? Well, better late than never! We finally got him! The Guitar Dungeon is awash with excitement as our dream has finally come to fruition and we welcome Canadian hero and Accessibility Advocate Rick Hansen to the show in our biggest episode yet!

Show Notes

Rick Hansen Foundation

Rick Hansen Foundation on Facebook

AT Banter Episode 127 – SCIVIS

This week we’re blasting off into the final frontier and talking to Lynn Langille and Dan Oates from SCIVIS (Space Camp for Interested Visually Impaired Students). They tell us all about the program and its importance in the lives of children who attend each year as well as regale us of tales of our own Steve Barclay and his adventures at the Camp in previous years.

Show Notes

SCIVIS Website

AMI Spotlight on SCIVIS

Contact Lynn Langille, Canadian SCIVIS Coordinator
lynn.langille@sd23.bc.ca