AT Banter Episode 112 – Sunshine, Unicorns, and Puppies

It’s the end of the month and time for our monthly free-form news show! This week we welcome Adam Wilton, Manager at the Provincial Resource Centre for the Visually Impaired to help talk about a host of news stories from the past few weeks in a free form discussion that, as usual, breaks out into several digressions, a few arguments, and leaves everyone feeling very optimistic about the future of assistive technology. It’s a feel-good episode!

Show Notes

Reprogrammable Braille Could Eliminate Reading Multiple Books to Just a Few Pages

Cool Wearable Technology: Seismic Super Suit Helps Old People Move

Bone conduction wireless glasses

This clever app lets Alexa read Sign Language

Firefox makers working on voice-controlled web browser called Scout

PRCVI

Adam Wilton’s Twitter
@TVI_Adam

AT Banter Episode 111 – Mark Kingwell and the Red Pill

This week it’s time for something completely different. Mark Kingwell, Canadian professor of philosophy and associate chair at the University of Toronto’s Department of Philosophy joins us in the Guitar Dungeon for a rousing discussion about AI and technology and its current and potential impact on our society. Get ready to take the red pill and take a deep dive into The Matrix with those one, folks!

Show Notes

Mark Kingwell Wiki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Kingwell

AT Banter Episode 110 – Brian MacDonald and National Braille Press

This week we take a deep dive into all things Braille as we welcome Brian MacDonald, President of the National Braille Press into the Guitar Dungeon and discuss what the organization does to promote Braille and Braille Literacy. And while we’re on the subject of Braille, Ryan breaks down a new Braille Display coming to market called the QBraille.

Show Notes

QBraille Braille Display

National Braille Press

Candice Elzinga Casting Director
candice@cecastinginc.com

BrailleMe by Innovision

AT Banter Episode 109 – Lowell Taylor

This week the Guitar Dungeon is filled with motivational vibes as Rob and Ryan welcome Lowell Taylor for a visit. He fills us in about what it was like to compete on Canada’s Amazing Race as a visually impaired contestant, his current plans to become a Paralympic athlete, his career as a motivational speaker, and duties as Health and Wellness expert on the AMI TV show, “Mind Set Go”.

Show Notes

Live With Heart
https://livewithheart.ca/

Lowell and Julie on Twitter