AT Banter Episode 106 – The Marrakesh Treaty

If you’ve been paying attention to the news around Accessibility for the past few years, you’ve surely heard of the Marrakesh Treaty. But what exactly is the Treaty and what does it all mean? You might even be asking yourself (as we did), where the heck IS Marrakesh? This week Brad Turner from Benetech returns to the show to break down all the details of the Treaty and what exactly it means for accessible books for the global visually impaired community while the Guitar Dungeon’s Google Home answers some of our Geography questions.

Show Notes

Benetech

BookShare

Microsoft Accessible Controller Now Available for Pre-Order

AT Banter is brought to you by Canadian Assistive Technology, providing sales and training in Assistive Technology and Accessibility with over 30 years of knowledge and experience. Visit them online at www.canasstech.com or call toll-free 1-844-795-8324.

Need repairs on your device? Chaos Technical Services offers service and support on almost any piece of Assistive Technology, while also providing parts and batteries. Visit them online at www.chaostechnicalservices.com or call 778-847-6840.

AT Banter Episode 105 – President’s Group and CNIB

This week we serve up a double shot of accessibility! First we talk with Kirsten Sutton, Managing Director of SAP Labs Canada and member of President’s Group, an organization that advocates for the employment of people with disabilities in the Lower Mainland. And if that isn’t enough for one show, we then talk with Len Baker, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation, who fills us in on the details of CNIB’s new partnerships with Aira, BlindSquare, and Key2Access.

Show Notes

President’s Group

CNIB Unleashes The Power of Technology to mark Global Accessibility

Aira

BlindSquare

Key2Access

AT Banter Episode 104 – Evil Alexa

It’s the end of the month and time for our monthly free-form news show! This week we welcome Clement Chou to help talk about a host of news stories from the past few weeks in a free form discussion that, as usual, breaks out into several digressions, a few arguments, and even a celestial musical interlude.

Show Notes

Blog Article about ‘Disability Simulation’

Getty Images to Produce Disability Related Stock Images

GalaPro – The New Technology About to Revolutionize Broadway

Apple Pushes to teach coding to students who are deaf and blind

New App for Android called Smart Braille

Astronomy for the Visually Impaired

Amazon Echo Records Couple’s Conversation

Visually Impaired, in the Lower Mainland and Interested in Martial Arts Training?
Contact Johnny Tai at johnnytiger@shaw.ca

Night Strike Self Defense on Facebook