AT Banter Episode 99 – Microsoft Soundscape

This week we’re thrilled to be talking with Jarnail Chudge and Amos Miller, two team members from Microsoft’s new Soundscape App for the visually impaired. They join us in the Guitar Dungeon to discuss the app’s origins, how it works, and the impact it has had on mobility experiences so far.

Show Notes

Soundscape
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/soundscape/

Soundscape on the App Store
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-soundscape/id1240320677?ls=1&mt=8

ELIA Font
http://www.theeliaidea.com/eliahome

AT Banter Episode 98 – Mark Bentz and Canadian Blind Hockey

Sharpen your skates and get your gear on — it’s time to hit the ice! This week we’re talking to Mark Bentz from Canadian Blind Hockey about the organization and their efforts to grow the sport on both sides of the border into an official Paralympic Event.

Show Notes
Canadian Blind Hockey

AT Banter Episode 97 – Daniel Kish

The Guitar Dungeon is awash with excitement this week as we welcome in Daniel Kish, President of World Access for the Blind and well-known teacher of echo location. We talk to Daniel about what echo location is and what it means for the people who use it as well as its potential impact on the visually impaired community. You don’t want to miss this one (not that you’d want to miss ANY episodes, of course…)
Show Notes
World Access for the Blind
Visioneers.org
Daniel Kish Keynote Speech at ZeroCon18
Excerpt from the textbook, ‘Echolocation and Flash Sonar’

AT Banter Episode 96 – Aimee Cayer and Autism on the Seas

We are all over the map, literally, this week as welcome Aimee Cayer from the non-profit organization ‘Autism on the Seas’ into the Guitar Dungeon. She gives an overview of the invaluable services the organization provide vacationing families with Special Needs family members and its origins before leaving the boys to talk about a host of off-topic bits, including hockey, Las Vegas, and a crazy story involving seagulls.

Show Notes

Study Reveals Blind People Imagine the Future Differently Than Sighted People
https://coolblindtech.com/study-reveals-blind-people-imagine-the-future-differently-than-sighted-people/
Autism on the Seas
https://autismontheseas.com/