AT Banter Episode 80 – David Nason and AppleVis

This week Rick Chant from Chaos Technical Services sits in while we welcome David Nason, contributor to the the Apple-centric Assistive Technology website AppleVis into the Guitar Dungeon. We discuss all things Apple, talk a lot about the new iPhone X, and dive into some of the past and present accessibility features within Apple products.

Show Notes

AppleVis Website
https://www.applevis.com/

AT Banter is brought to you by Canadian Assistive Technology, providing sales and training in Assistive Technology and Accessibility with over 30 years of knowledge and experience. Visit them online at www.canasstech.com or call toll-free 1-844-795-8324.

Need repairs on your device? Chaos Technical Services offers service and support on almost any piece of Assistive Technology, while also providing parts and batteries. Visit them online at www.chaosstechnicalservices.com or call 778-847-6840.

AT Banter Episode 79 – Brad Turner and Benetech

This week we welcome Brad Turner, VP of Education at Benetech into the Guitar Dungeon where we discuss the company’s ongoing mandate of providing positive social change utilizing technology. Also, we discuss some big news for Steve’s company, Canadian Assistive Technology.

Show Notes
Benetech
https://benetech.org

AT Banter Episode 78 – Introducing the iStraw and Other News

It’s everybody’s favorite time of the month – and yes, we’re referring to our Monthly News Show! Rick Chant from Chaos Technical Services joins us to banter about some of the past few weeks’ most interesting news stories.

Show Notes

Apple delays HomePod launch until ‘early 2018

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/11/17/apple-pushes-homepod-launch-into-early-2018

Report: 6 million iPhone X units sold over Black Friday weekend, buyers favor more expensive 256 GB model

https://9to5mac.com/2017/11/28/black-friday-iphone-x-sales/

Hulu sued for not offering audio service for blind customers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/technology/hulu-sued-for-not-offering-audio-service-for-blind-customers/2017/11/21/726a646a-cef6-11e7-a87b-47f14b73162a_story.html?tid=ss_tw-bottom&utm_term=.4d3650f41748

Uber service animal policy under fire for ‘doctor’s or cleric’s letter’ exemption

http://www.owensoundsuntimes.com/2017/11/20/uber-service-animal-policy-under-fire-for-doctors-or-clerics-letter-exemption

3D printer makes first wearable ‘battery’

https://blog.adafruit.com/2017/11/22/3d-printer-makes-first-wearable-battery/