AT Banter Episode 69 – Junk in the Trunk

Rob, Ryan and Steve are back to basics with one of their patented stream-of-consciousness News shows, joined by Chaos Technical Service’s Rick Chant. Listen in as they discuss everything from fruit fly genitalia to hijacked voice assistants, and everything in between!

Show Notes

These Disabled Americans Are Getting Dragged Out and Arrested for Demonstrating Over Healthcare
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a12466578/disabled-protesters-healthcare-hearing/

Al Franken raises concerns about Apple’s FaceID

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/13/us-senator-questions-face-id-privacy-security/

Wearables Fashion Show at the Accessibility Innovation Showcase at Invictus Games  https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/09/23/wearable-assistive-technology-will-hit-the-runway-at-invictus-showcase.html

Google assistant comes to Bose head phones
https://www.thurrott.com/cloud/135419/google-assistant-comes-bose-headphones

Amazon brings new accessibility to Fire devices
https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/ter2a57g6htm6mr

Your future sex robot could be hacked and programmed to murder you
http://bgr.com/2017/09/11/sex-robot-hack-security-cyborg/

Internet of cells
http://www.nature.com/news/how-the-internet-of-cells-has-biologists-buzzing-1.22645

Hijacked Voice Assistants
https://coolblindtech.com/how-alexa-siri-google-assistant-can-be-listening-without-you-knowing-it/?utm_source=ReviveOldPost&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=ReviveOldPost

Google Chrome Will No Longer Autoplay Content With Sound In January 2018
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/09/15/2232241/google-chrome-will-no-longer-autoplay-content-with-sound-in-january-2018

AT Banter Episode 67- Idan Meir and Right-Hear

This week we do a bit of iBantering about the new Apple announcements before we’re joined by Idan Meir, co-founder and CEO of Right-Hear, an app and accessibility solution for the visually impaired.

Show Notes

Apple Special Event As It Happened
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iphone-8-release-apple-event-as-it-happened/

Right-Hear
http://right-hear.com/

Right-Hear App for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.righthear&hl=en

Right-Hear App for iOS
https://itunes.apple.com/il/app/right-hear-righthear/id1061791840?mt=8

AT Banter Episode 66 – Wade Wingler

This week we briefly discuss the new Eye Tracking software that will be included in the forthcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update before engaging in a Banterfest with Wade Wingler, Vice President of Technology and Information Services and Security Office at Easterseals Crossroads and host of the long running podcast Assistive Technology Update.

Show Notes

Easterseals Crossroads
http://www.eastersealscrossroads.org/

Assistive Technology Update
http://www.eastersealstech.com/category/assistive-tech-update/

AT Banter Episode 65 – Steve Barclay and Aroga Technologies

It’s our longest and most self-indulgent episode yet! This week we take a deep dive into the life and times of our own Steve Barclay and discuss the rise and fall of Aroga Technologies. An open and earnest discussion about just what happened with the Assistive Technology company we all worked at, and where things are going in the future.

Show Notes

Canadian Assistive Technology
www.canasstech.com

Chaos Technical Services